Thursday, December 17, 2015

Vung Tau - well-known location for weekendtrips from Saigon City

Vung Tau - well-known location for weekendtrips from Saigon City

Vung Tau (Vũng Tàu) is a city in Southern Vietnam. It is 125 km (about 77 miles) from Ho Chi Minh City, and is a popular location for weekend trips from Ho Chi Minh City.

Understand

Vung Tau is the tourist and mall of Bà Rịa - Vũng Tàu (an industrial province in Southeastern Vietnam). The entire city location lies on a peninsula which is separated from the mainland by a gulf river called Co May river.

History

Throughout 14th and 15th centuries, the cape that would end up being Vũng Tàu was an area which European trading ships visited frequently. Portuguese navigators who passed Vũng Tàu numerous times called it Sant'Iago after Saint James.

Vũng Tàu was originally described as Tam Thắng ("3 Boats") in memory of the very first 3 towns in this location: Thắng Nhất, Thắng Nhị, Thắng Tam. It was within the province of Biên Hòa under the Nguyen dynasty, the last imperial home to rule Vietnam.

February 10, 1859 marks the date of the use of cannons by the Nguyen militaries versus the French when they fired at the French battleships from the fortress of Phước Thắng, located 100 m from Vũng Tàu's Front Beach. This marked an important period in Vietnam's war against French intruders in the Southern a lot of part of Vietnam (then called Cochinchina). Nonetheless, the French was successful in dominating the southern part of Vietnam by 18 February 1859.

In 1876, according to a decree by the French colonialists, Vũng Tàu was merged in Bà Rịacounty, a part of Saigon administration (French: Circonscription De Saigon).

On 1 May 1895 the guv of Cochinchina established by decree that Cap Saint Jacques would thereafter be an autonomous town. In 1898, Cap Saint Jacques was combined with Bachelor's degree Ria County when again but was divided once more in 1899.

In 1901, the population of Vũng Tàu was 5,690, of which 2000 persons were immigrants from Northern Vietnam. Most of the town's population made their living in the fishing market.

On 4 April 1905 Cap Saint Jacques was made an administrative district of Bachelor's degree Ria province. In 1929, Cap Saint Jacques ended up being a province, and in 1934 became a city (commune).

The French governor of Indochina, Paul Doumer (who later on became President of France), developed a mansion in Vũng Tàu that is still a prominent landmark in the city.

Throughout the Vietnam War (called the American War in Vietnam), Vũng Tàu was home to the Australian Army and American assistance systems, and was a popular spot for in-country R&R for U.S. battle soldiers. After the war, Vũng Tàu was a typical launching location for the Vietnamese Boat Individuals leaving the brand-new program.

On 30 May 1979, Vũng Tàu town was made the capital of Vũng Tàu-Côn Đảo Unique Admistrative Zone.

On 12 August 1991, the province of Bà Rịa-Vũng Tàu was officially established and Vũng Tàu town formally became Vũng Tàu city.

Economy and society

Today, the city's significance as a shipping port has reduced, however it still plays a substantial function in Vietnam's offshore oil industry. Vung Tau is the only petroleum base of Vietnam where unrefined oil and gas exploitation activities control the city's economy and contribute primary earnings to Vietnam's budget plan and export volume.

Vũng Tàu is home to 210,000 people, of which 1250 are Russians working as specialists in the oil industry.

Phu My Port is a deep-water port able to accommodate ships ranging between 40,000 and 60,000 dwt.Phu My is a business port without any towns nearby. A shuttle bus may be provided to the village of Bachelor's degree Ria where you can take a taxi to a larger city like Vung Tau.

Throughout 14th and 15th centuries, the cape that would end up being Vũng Tàu was a location which European trading ships visited routinely. The ships' activities inspired the name Vũng Tàu, which implies "ship's bay" or "anchorage" in Vietnamese. Portuguese navigators who passed Vũng Tàu numerous times named it Sant'Iago after Saint James. The cliff of Vũng Tàu is now called Mũi Nghinh Phong (literally implies "Cape of welcoming the wind").

February 10, 1859 marks the date of the usage of cannons by the Nguyen armed forces against the French when they fired at the French battleships from the fortress of Phước Thắng, situated 100 m from Vũng Tàu's Front Beach.

Good news: Vietnam visa in australia

No comments:

Post a Comment